Lenovo Summer Games Blogger

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Almost home

At the completion of all of my events Chantelle found that walking was no longer an adequate way of getting around the village so she bought two of the dodgy fold up bikes that some Chinese guys were peddling (no pun intended here). Mine lasted long enough for the Chinese guys to take their profit and get out of range then the left peddle started falling off. Actually it was still a really good way of getting around the village. I'm not taking the bike home so I'll just leave it here (if it's still outside right now - I'm not chaining it up anymore because we fly home this afternoon).

Whenever I tell someone that I have now finished diving for good they ask me how that feels. It's quite a natural question to ask on the face of it, but if you think about it isn't it odd that people think you would feel different straight away? I feel pretty much the same as I always do, I just sort of know that I won't be going to training or competition anymore.

The closing ceremony was great. I took some great photos. I'll try to post some hereafter.

No comments: